Out of sight, out of mind, right? Think again…
As a homeowner, you take great care to maintain your property and create a safe haven for your family.
Unfortunately, termites are a common threat that can cause significant damage to your home’s structure, leaving you with a hefty repair bill and a sense of unease.
The fact is that these tiny, relentless pests can infiltrate your home undetected, making it a real challenge to know if you’re at risk.
In fact, even if you’ve opted for a spot treatment for your exotic termite infestation, you might still be at risk!
West Indian Drywood termites are sneakier than you think!
When it comes to sneaky invaders, the West Indian Drywood termites take the crown. Unlike their native subterranean counterparts, this exotic species doesn’t rely on soil for survival. Instead, they can fly in, making their presence even more challenging to detect.
This means they can be lurking anywhere in your home, silently eating away at the structure for years.
They can live inside a single piece of wood, making it difficult to spot signs of infestation. What’s more, it’s possible to have multiple colonies in one piece of wood, multiplying the destruction they cause.
Plus, it only takes 20 drywood termites to start a colony, which can quickly grow out of control even after spot treatment.
Spot treatments: a limited solution
Spot treatments are localised treatments that target specific areas of a home that are infested with termites. Two of the most common types of spot treatments are:
- Heat treatments involve heating the infested area to a high temperature for several hours.
- Drill and Inject Treatment involve drilling holes into the walls or floors of a home and injecting insecticides into them.
While these methods are effective at killing termites in specific areas, they’re not guaranteed to eliminate all the colonies.
With spot treatments alone, it’s impossible to reach all areas of the house and ensure complete termite elimination. Not to mention, these treatments can cause damage to your home’s structure.
Fumigation: the comprehensive solution
Fumigation involves tenting and sealing the entire home before filling it with a special gas targeted to these exotic termites. With our equipment, expertise, and wealth of experience, we’re one of the few to be fully equipped to serve the Brisbane community as fumigation specialists.
The gas permeates the entire structure of the home, so no matter where they’re hiding, the termites be exposed to the gas and eliminated.
If you’re concerned about the safety of fumigation and if there are any lingering effects, there’s no need to worry. The concentration of the gas is constantly monitored and like deflating a balloon, all the gas will rush out of your home and dissipate into the atmosphere. Surface residue isn’t a problem either!
Once we welcome you back home, you’ll be termite free, and the gas will be long-gone.
Why fumigation is the best choice for homeowners
Fumigation is the only option you should be choosing if you’re after peace of mind and long-term results.
Here are 4 reasons why:
- Targets all areas of the home: Fumigation is the most comprehensive type of termite treatment available. It targets all areas of the home, including inaccessible areas where termites may be hiding.
- Complete termite elimination: Fumigation is 100% effective in eliminating termites. Because the gas permeates the entire structure of the home, all the colonies, no matter how large or small, are eliminated.
- Safety: Fumigation is a safe and effective way to eliminate termites. The pest control professionals who perform the fumigation are highly trained, and they take every precaution to ensure your safety during and after the treatment.
- Non-destructive: There are no safety risks to your home, and it’s a non-invasive process.
Protect your home with Log Fumigation
If you’re interested in fumigation as a solution for your termite infestation, contact Log Fumigation today to schedule a consultation. Our team of termite and fumigation experts is happy to answer any questions you have and help you protect your home from termites.
Don’t wait until it’s too late – call Log Fumigation today to schedule an inspection and protect your home.